Guidelines for Guest Posts
Generally I only accept guest posts from bloggers that I know personally in order to avoid people who are trying to place a commercial link. Occasionally, I will accept a guest post from other writers provided that they have a travel blog and/or can provide links to articles that they have written for other sites.
- Article must be unique - it must not appear anywhere else online or in print
- Subject matter of the article must be agreed to prior to submission
- I reserve the right to edit as deemed appropriate to fit my site
- If guest poster has a travel blog then there will be one link allowed in the content of the article to a page on that blog. Absolutely no commercial links are allowed. Any link may be removed prior to publication at my discretion if I don't believe it is appropriate for my site.
- Length of post - generally 1500+ words
- Photos must be submitted with the article (preferably a minimum of 5). Author of guest post must have legal right to use the photos submitted. Creative commons photos will not be accepted unless the author can provide a screenshot from the site where the photo was sourced which demonstrates that it is available for such use.
- A bio with author photo will be included. Links to any social media accounts of guest author may be included in the bio.
Guidelines for Sponsored Posts
I only accept guest posts from other bloggers or freelance writers that I know personally. If you are requesting a post on behalf of a business then it would be a sponsored post. I am very selective about publishing sponsored posts and will only publish one from a company that is relevant in the travel niche and that I am comfortable recommending to readers. I charge a sponsored post fee to businesses that want to be featured on my site.