Guidelines for Guest Posts
Generally I only accept guest posts from bloggers that I know personally in order to avoid people who are trying to place a commercial link. Occasionally, I will accept a guest post from other writers provided that they have a travel blog and/or can provide links to articles that they have written for other sites.
I have the following guidelines regarding guest posts:
- Article must be unique – it must not appear anywhere else online or in print.
- Subject matter of the article must relate to travel and must be agreed to prior to submission.
- I reserve the right to edit as deemed appropriate to fit my site.
- If guest poster has a travel blog then there will be one link allowed in the content of the article to a page on that blog. Absolutely no commercial links are allowed. Any link may be removed prior to publication at my discretion if I don’t believe it is appropriate for my site.
- Length of post – generally 1500+ words.
- Photos must be submitted with the article (preferably a minimum of 5). Author of guest post must have legal right to use the photos submitted. Creative commons photos will not be accepted unless the author can provide a screenshot from the site where the photo was sourced which demonstrates that it is available for such use.
- A bio with author photo will be included. Links to any social media accounts of guest author may be included in the bio.
If you have read these guidelines and would like to write a guest article for Gone with the Family then please email me at LMGOODMURPHY@GMAIL.COM and we can discuss the topic
Guidelines for Sponsored Posts
I only accept guest posts from other bloggers or freelance writers that I know personally. If you are requesting a post on behalf of a business then it would be a sponsored post. I am very selective about publishing sponsored posts and will only publish one from a company that is relevant in the travel niche and that I am comfortable recommending to readers. I charge a sponsored post fee to businesses that want to be featured on my site.
Rates vary depending on whether the post is primarily written by the client or by me. In the event that the sponsored post is primarily written by the client, I retain the right to make any editorial changes deemed appropriate to fit my site. I only post original articles on my website.
Sponsored posts include one no-follow link to the client’s website using the name of the website as opposed to a keyword. The link will remain on my site for a minimum of one year.
I include social media promotion on Twitter and Facebook as part of the price of the post.
The post will include a disclosure statement indicating that “this post has been sponsored by NAME OF CLIENT.
Photos for the post are to be provided by the client and the client must hold the copyright for those photos.
Payment is due within 24 hours of publication of the post.
If you have read these guidelines and would like to discuss rates for a sponsored post on Gone with the Family then please email me at LMGOODMURPHY@GMAIL.COM