Halloween can be such an exciting time of year for kids that it's a shame the fun doesn't generally last for more than just one night. If you live near LEGOLAND California or are visiting during the Halloween season, however, the park's Brick-or-Treat parties are a fun way to extend the Halloween celebration and provide kids (and their parents) with an additional opportunity to don their costumes, trick-or-treat and enjoy some not-too-spooky Halloween festivities.
At LEGOLAND California the holiday fun starts late in September when the park and attractions are decorated for the Halloween season. On my recent visit I had a great time wandering through the park looking for all of the special LEGO Halloween touches including LEGO witches, skeletons and ghosts placed among the attractions, pumpkins throughout the park and the giant LEGO jack o'lantern which makes the perfect backdrop for a family photo.
Brick-or-Treat Party Nights
During the month of October, LEGOLAND's Brick-or-Treat Party Nights are a great way for families with children aged 2-12 to celebrate Halloween. On these special nights the park is transformed into a family-friendly Halloween festival with trick-or-treating, entertainment and all sorts of fun Halloween activities.
The Brick-or-Treat party is a special event that takes place between 5-9pm after the park has closed for the evening and is not included in a general admission ticket. Guests can purchase park admission for the day with Brick-or-Treat as an add-on or they can purchase a ticket for the Brick-or-Treat Party only.
The family-friendly event includes trick-or-treating, dance parties, costume contests, the Ghost Cruise scavenger hunt, meet and greets with costume characters and live entertainment. A highlight for most kids is the Brick-or-Treat trail where they can fill their bags with tasty goodies and LEGO surprises at treat stations and candy carts. The trail winds through the park and includes stations in SEA LIFE Aquarium. New for 2015 is the Candy Quest walk-through at the Adventurers' Club in Fun Town and the Fall Festival in LEGO Friends Heartlake City which includes pumpkin patch building, not-so-scary storytelling at the Village Theatre, live bluegrass music and LEGO Friends meet and greets.
LEGOLAND Hotel Halloween Fun
The final Brick-or-Treat Party Night of the season is held in the park on October 30th, however the Halloween fun continues at the LEGOLAND Hotel on October 31st. In addition to all of the fun amenities that the hotel always offers, guests can also enjoy an exclusive Halloween party which includes a costume parade for the kids, candy giveaways, a magic show and costume character appearances.
Tips and What You Need To Know for Brick-or-Treat
- LEGOLAND California is located in Carlsbad (30 minutes north of San Diego and 1 hour south of Anaheim).
- In 2015, the Brick-or-Treat Party will be held on Saturday nights plus the last Friday of October (October 3, 7, 10, 17, 24 and 30). Check the website for up-to-date information.
- Tickets are limited so it is best to purchase in advance to avoid the disappointment of arriving at the park only to discover that the event is sold out. Walk-up pricing is also $45 for the event whereas a ticket purchased online in advance is sold at a discount. There's also the option of purchasing admission to the party as an add-on to a regular park admission ticket ($70 online for the full day package in 2015). There are special offers for those with annual membership passes as well.
- Brick-or-Treat Family packages are available at the LEGOLAND Hotel.
- Download the Brick-or-Treat Party Nights Event Guide available on the LEGOLAND California website ahead of time and plan your evening so as not to waste time wandering in the park. The Guide includes a map which has treat stations marked as well.
- Anyone who is planning to visit multiple theme parks in the area should consider purchasing the Southern California CityPASS which includes admission to Disneyland Resort & California Adventure, LEGOLAND California, and SeaWorld San Diego. Southern California CityPASS is the only multi-park admission pass that includes the 3-Day Park Hopper Ticket for Disneyland® and Disney California Adventure® plus a Magic Morning for Disneyland®. One day at San Diego Zoo or San Diego Zoo Safari Park can be added to your CityPASS, exclusively on citypass.com.
Have you visited LEGOLAND California Brick-or-Treat with your children? If you have any additional tips then let us know in the comments.
I visited Southern California as a guest of CityPASS and LEGOLAND California. My opinions are, as always, my own.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.